On this page, we have tried to provide you with the fundamental components of “What we believe.” While you are welcome to read our “Statement of Faith” and “What We Believe About The Bible”, we have found in the past that talking about these things in person is always more interesting and beneficial. So, feel free to contact us and set up a time to talk.
What is your Statement of Faith?
- that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God; that is was inspired and inerrant in its original form; that it is to be trusted; that it is to be believed literally and obeyed fully.
- in one God who exists in three eternal persons: the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ is the eternal God who entered humanity through the virgin birth and lived a sinless life.
- that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world and His blood is the only atonement for sin.
- that all people are sinners and separated from God; that there is a literal heaven and a literal hell and that salvation from sin and hell and entrance into heaven is through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- that faith in Christ results in repentance, conversion, regeneration and an endeavor to live a life of obedience to Christ.
- that when an individual accepts Christ, he or she is immediately indwelt, sealed, baptized, and endowed with spiritual gifts by the Holy Spirit of God. We recognize that the revelatory and sign gifts were for the apostolic age, but that God does work supernaturally in answer to prayer.
- that the church is the body of Christ, charged with the responsibility to provide spiritual direction, worship and fellowship for believers to regularly observe immersion baptism and communion are the church’s two ordinances.
- that Jesus is coming again to receive His church, believers both dead and living. Following this rapture is a seven year period of God’s wrath, called the Great Tribulation. The tribulation will be ended by the coming of Christ with His church to reign over 1,000 years on earth.
- that a believer is held secure eternally by the power of God. However, the believer’s life will be judged by the Lord Jesus at the judgment seat of Christ, resulting in reward or loss of reward, but not loss of salvation.
What do you believe about the Bible?
We believe that the Bible was inspired by God. There are three steps in the transmitting of God’s Word.
- Revelation: God revealed His Word to His prophets, apostles, and spokesmen in various ways. (Direct voice, angels, dreams, inner voice of His Spirit) Hebrews 1:1; II Peter 1:21
- Inspiration: God guided and controlled the writers as they recorded His Word to keep it from error. II Timothy 3:16We believe that it was recorded:
- Without error John 16:13
- The words are inspired Matthew 5:17-19
- All the words are inspired II Timothy 3:163.
- Preservation: God’s power has kept His Word from becoming lost, destroyed, or diluted with error. Psalm 119:89; Proverbs 30:5,6; I Peter 1:23,25.